Spring is a favorite season for many gardeners, and performing the proper tasks from late winter through late spring can help you enjoy a productive, bountiful growing season. In late winter… When a few warm days arrive late in winter, it's time to start thinking about spring gardening.
Chicken Chat 201 – Raising and caring for your chicks and laying hens - what you need to know about egg development and nutrition.
We’ll also cover the following:
1. Expanding your backyard flock – proper ways to integrate new birds
2. Does your flock have enough space to grow? – What are the recommended sizes for a growing flock both inside and out, for healthy, productive hens
3. Current feeding program – can you get better results? What are some issues you are struggling with currently?
4. Housing and sanitation – a review of the best practices
5. Common problems and best solutions for your molting birds, aggressive birds, sick birds and poor egg layers? How to improve your existing flock
6. Why is egg development and nutrition so important? Taking a closer into the egg
Questions and Answers
Please RSVP to Attend to 631 727 3100